Pros and Cons of A Condo
There are many reasons why you should look into buying a condo unit. First, there are plenty of benefits, like, for example, the amenities you pay for. In addition, the location can be quite convenient, especially for those who work near business district areas.
However, it may not be for everyone. When buying a condo, there are many important questions to ask before you bite. After all, living in a condo has just as many downsides as benefits. Read on as we look into different aspects and the pros and cons of condo life.
The pros and benefits of a condominium include the following:
- Amenities – Condominiums are packed with great amenities that can help you live a more elevated way of life. Some of the most standard condominium amenities are open areas where you can take walks, go jogging and running, gyms, and swimming pools. Plenty of real estate companies put a lot of hard work into producing condominiums with great amenities – one example is Megaworld’s Tulip Gardens in Southwoods City.
- Security – Secondly, security is another great reason you should get a condo unit. All twenty-four (24) hours of the day, there will always be a security guard and staff around the condominium area who will look out for your safety and fellow condominium owners. Many condos offer gated or locked entries, doorkeepers, or security professionals. Another factor in condo security is that you will have neighbors nearby, meaning you’ll have someone to turn to if anything happens.
- Less maintenance – In a condo, you don’t need to worry about doing the maintenance yourself. Instead, other people will do it for you. The condominium staff checks and maintains the elevators, cuts the grass, and cleans the pool. If you are a first-time condo owner and always busy, this is a huge bonus and will greatly benefit you and your needs.
- Affordability – Condominiums are less expensive than their single-family house counterparts. In addition, they can provide homeownership opportunities for more buyers.
On the other hand, owning a condo unit also has its considerations. These may include:
- Fees – The fees make a condo more expensive than a house. These fees are used to pay for the maintenance of the condo amenities.
- Privacy – When living in a condo, you share the space with other owners. As a result, you may have to keep quiet and adjust your noise level. Due to the proximity of condo units, privacy can also become tricky.
- Delinquency – Delinquency refers to condominium homeowners refusing to pay for their fair share of the maintenance assessments. If there is a large number of people who don’t pay, the maintenance fees will become higher.
All in all, the condo life will suit you if you have the buying power – and desire to live a more elevated way of life, despite the dynamic nature of your 9-to-5 job. However, a huge consideration before you bite the bullet is the number of fees that come with condo living. If you are extremely private and don’t like fees, a condo may not be for you.
Tulip Garden Southwoods is a five-mid-rise residential condominium project within Southwoods City in Carmona, Cavite, and Biñan, Laguna. It also happens to be one of Megaworld’s new premiere condominium projects. Moreover, it’s only twenty (20) minutes from Makati Central Business District and Fort Bonifacio, nearby Alabang Business District. In addition, the scenic green beauty of the Southwoods golf course located in the boundaries of Carmona Cavite and Biñan, Laguna surrounds it, making for a refreshing condo lifestyle near nature.